Answer by Arûn Râinâ:
The new international airport at Mohali will offer domestic and international flights. Domestic flights at the old terminal in Chandigarh have been shifted to the new terminal. Location: Jheourheri village, Punjab. Area: approximately 305 acresFeatures (some are upcoming):
- Stakes: Punjab & Haryana: 24.5% each. Airports Authority of India: 51%.
- Management (Joint Venture): Chandigarh International Airport Limited (CHIAL).
- 53400 Square Meter Terminal
- Capacity: 1600 passengers
- Departure: Upper Floor, Arrival: Ground Floor
- 4 Aerobridges
- 48 check in counters.
- Six escalators and 14 lifts.
- Parking Bay for 8 Aircrafts
- Air Conditioned Lounge
- Duty Free Shops
- LCD TVs
- Automated parking space for 500 vehicles.